Here are some other ideas/deals for Christmas gifts. Below that is the e-mail from my friend Erin who I partnered with to raise toys for Chrildren’s Hospital.
- Walmart has the Crayola Creativity Kit for only $10.00. This is a great deal seeing that the Color Surge Deluxe Set that is included runs $8-$9 by itself!
- Also available is the Color Wonder Magic Light Up Markers that are only $1.00! It includes 6 color wonder markers with clear barrels, 1 base unit, and 24 pages of color wonder paper. These sell for $8.00 normally!
- Walmart also has hot wheel cars on sale for $.77 each
- Today Sears starts their Family and Friends VIP Sale! The sale lastsonly Sunday, November 14 from 6-9pm in-store, but is available ALL DAY on the Sears.com website here: http://bfads.net/Link/2342
- I also keep updating my Black friday ads. Check out the blog titled Ready…Set….Black Friday
As many of you know around this time last year Abby, at only ten days old, was hospitalized at Children’s Medical Center. She was there for four days and we were so grateful to the doctors and staff and we will never forget their kindness and warmth. One night back in August Dave and I were talking about Abby’s birthday party and decided that we should donate her toys that she receives to the hospital. We had such an amazing response from friends and family and donated close to 50 toys. When I took the toys up to the hospital the staff was almost in tears when they saw the huge bag of toys. This got us to thinking, everyone we know is so blessed with happy healthy children in their lives and many of us have not had to wake up on Christmas morning in the hospital with a sick child. On the flip side, many of us have not ever been that sick child waking up on Christmas morning in the hospital. We talked this over with our bible study group and set a goal to donate 100 toys to the hospital! I know many people are struggling right now and may not be able to help, all we ask is that you pray about it. There are many great toys under $10 and Wal Mart will price match any advertised price. If you don’t have the time to get a toy, I can get them for you, or they will take gift cards as well. 60% of the children there are under the age of three, but they do have some teenagers there. If you have older kids of your own, this is a great opportunity to get them involved in giving to the less fortnate. We would like to have the gifts not latter than December 19th, we will be delivering them the week of Christmas. I will keep updates on my blog (erinandabbywells.blogspot.com). Please pass this along to anyone who might want to help. I will pick up all gifts, so you don’t even have to drive out here! I thank you in advance for all your help!
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ” It is more blessed to give than to recieve”