Go here and enter your email address to request a FREE Maggi soup mix sample!
You can still head on over here and send a FREE pack of Kleenex to a friend or family member! Just click the “Send a Pack” link to get started. Allow 14 days for delivery.
Colgate toothepaste 6.4 oz and toothbrushes $.99
Nabisco Snak-Saks 10/$10
Barilla Pasta 12-16oz 10/$10
Rold Gold Pretzels 10-16oz and Doritos 11.5-14.1oz $2.18
Tyson Frozen Chicken 20.5-29oz bags $4.49
Goldfish 6.6-8oz $.88 (STOCK UP)
Cheese Its 2 for $4
Zatarains Box mixes $1
Progresson soups $1
Old El Paso taco shells, refried beans 16oz enchilada sauce $1
Quaker products 5/$10
Hershey’s extra large bar 4-4.5oz $.99
Dawn 9.5-10.3oz $.97
Monday: Orange Maple Chicken and Squash
- 1 pkg diced butternut squash (can be frozen or look in produce section cut and bagged)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 leeks, rinsed and chopped
- 3-4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Place squash and sweet potatoes and leeks in a crockpot. Season chicken all over with salt and black pepper and place on top of vegetables in slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine marmalade and remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- 1 store bought pizza crust ( like pillsbury or a bobili)
- 1 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 cup cooked diced chicken
- 1 cup shredded mozzerela cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place pizza crust on a large baking sheet and top with pesto, chicken, cheese and pine nuts. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese melts and crust is golden brown.
And if you don’t like pesto, how about BBQ chicken pizza?
- 2/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 pizza crust
- 2 cooked chicken breasts diced tossed in 2Tbs BBQ sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Gouda
- 1 cup shredded mozz
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
Press out pizza dough on baking sheet. Spread BBQ sauce over crust. Top with chicken and onions. Sprinkle cheese over. Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes till done.
WEDNESDAY: Potato Tacos
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 1lb red-skin potatoes (boiled till fork tender) and diced
- 1/2 cup pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (5.8-ounce) box white corn taco shells
- Chopped red onion, tomato, and lettuce, salsa and sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, stir together oil and fajita seasoning. Add potatoes and mushrooms and toss until well coated. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside. Meanwhile, stir together beans and salsa in microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes; set aside. Heat taco shells in oven for 3 to 5 minutes. Spoon beans into heated taco shells. Top with potato mixture with red onion, tomato, sour ceam and lettuce.
THURSDAY: Hash Brown Quiche
For the crust:
1 pkg frozen hash browns, thawed (squeeze all the excess water out)
2 T butter, melted
1 tsp. salt pinch of pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Mix the potatoes with the egg and melted butter. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Press into a greased baking dish. Bake 15 – 25 minutes, until golden and crispy. Allow to cool.
For the quiche:
1 c sour cream
1 cup cauliflower, chopped
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed
½ cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon each of salt & pepper
5 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled
(optional 1 c. chopped ham)
Beat the eggs and sour cream together until smooth and creamy. Drain the spinach. Press out any water. Stir into egg mixture, along with the remaining ingredients. Pour the egg mixture into prepared crusts, stopping one inch below the rim of the dish to prevent over flow. Bake (at 375 F again) for 50 minutes, or until the center is almost set, and a knife comes out clean when inserted into the quiche.
COOKING 101- making a roux (for homemae mac and cheese)
FRIDAY: Baked Pasta with Panchetta (or bacon)
- 3 cups combination of medium cheddar and sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded gruyere (or swiss)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 c. cream or half and half
- 4 c. cups cooked Orecchiette ( pasta that looks like little bowls)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- pinch salt
- Ground white pepper
- Panko bread crumbs, for sprinkling on top
- Pancetta or bacon cooked and chopped ( about 4 slices)
Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
Prepare the cheese sauce: Warm the milk in a separate pan and keep at just under boiling point. Melt the butter in another saucepan over medium-low heat. When melted, add the flour and whisk until smooth. Turn the heat up to medium and cook the mixture until you get a light amber color. This will take about 5-6 minutes. Use a flat whisk and stir almost constantly to prevent uneven cooking. Add the milk in 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup increments, making sure the milk is combined well with the roux (flour and butter) before adding more. When all the milk has been added, cook for about 8 minutes, stirring constantly. The sauce will thicken slowly. Remove from heat and add salt (to taste), freshly grated nutmeg, cayenne pepper, dry mustard and ground white pepper. Then add the cheese. Stir the pasta into the cheese sauce, as well as a bit of the pancetta.
Pour the mixture into one baking dish and sprinkle a little more cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes,then pull the dish out of the oven and sprinkle some Panko bread crumbs for crunch (just a very single layer) and a bit more pancetta for color. Bake for another 10 minutes or so until the top is golden brown.