Are you swept up in the wedding of the year? I have to admit, I will probably watch William and Kate’s wedding. I remember watching Princess Diana and Charles. I am sure it won’t look like THIS. Are those great look-a-likes?
Here’s some themed activies or deals!
HERE is a royal family tree, with pictures. Scroll over the leaves for the picture and info.
WEDNESDAY ONLY! Sale on flowers at Calloways
Banger and Mash Hand pies
- Heat oven to 425°F. Heat 2/3 cup hot water, butter and salt to boiling in 1-quart saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in dry potatoes, and milk just until moistened. Let stand about 1 minute or until liquid is absorbed. Whip with fork until smooth; set aside.
- In 8-inch skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary.
- In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon gravy mix and 1/3 cup water. Add to skillet. Simmer until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- Unroll pie crusts. With 3 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 7 rounds from each crust. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mashed potatoes in center of each of 14 rounds; press to flatten slightly. Top potatoes on each with about 1 tablespoon meat mixture. Brush edges of topped pastry with water. Place remaining pastry rounds on top of meat mixture. Pinch edges to seal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Using sharp knife, cut 3 slits in top of each pastry. Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease bottom and sides of three 8-inch round cake pans with shortening and lightly flour, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat all cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds or until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly among pans. Bake 23 to 28 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave marshmallow creme uncovered on High 15 to 20 seconds to soften. Add butter. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and salt until smooth.
- If necessary, trim rounded tops of two cake layers to flatten before assembling. Place 1 cake layer, top side down, on serving plate; spread with about 1/3 cup frosting. Top with second layer, top side down; spread with about 1/3 cup frosting. Top with untrimmed cake layer, top side up. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting.
Kate paper dolls HERE