Currently, Crocs.com is offering up the Kid’s Crocs Gabe shoes (in a variety of colors) for only $9.99 (reg. $29.99)! Plus, you can score FREE shipping when you enter the code FALLSHIP at checkout! Even sweeter, through 6/30, whenever you buy any pair of boys’ or girls’ shoes you’ll get a FREE frog Jibbitz™ charm! Just add any qualifying style to your cart and the free frog Jibbitz™ charm will be added to your cart automatically.
If you’ve got a lot of outdoor activities planned for the Summer, you may be interested in snagging these Thermos Roho 24 Ounce Hydration Bottles (2-Pack) for only $9.99 plus FREE shipping from Buy.com! That makes each Bottle only $5 each shipped to your door, which seems to be a good deal, considering ONE of these same bottles sells for $9.80+ on Amazon!
If you’re looking for a few Summer craft ideas for your kiddos (or yourself!), you may be excited to see this new Michaels Arts & Crafts coupon! Head on over here to print a coupon valid for 25% off your entire purchase including sale items, valid through 6/11!
If you are looking for a personalized Father’s Day gift or graduation gift, then I have a great deal for you! For a limited time, Canvas People is offering up a FREE 8×10 Photo Canvas (a $49.95 value!)… all you have to do is pay $14.95 shipping. To snag this awesome deal, head on over here, click on the “Create My Canvas” button, upload a photo, select the 8×10 canvas size, select the No Frame option and the No Effect option and head to checkout (no promo code is the needed as the $50 credit will automatically be applied at checkout). Your grand total will be just $14.95 to have this custom photo canvas delivered right to your door!
I am seeing many of the same deasl from last week in the ads this week. The main difference is there are more “particpating product deals” where you are suposed to buy a cetain number of the sale items to get the deal price. Make sure you check your cart if you get a stickler for checkout.
Horizon gallon $5.99
Hunts sauce $.79
Kraft dressing $1.99
Cheese its $1.99
Go gurt $1.79
friday only- Tyson chicken nuggets $5 Tide $5
With summer underway, I like to use the grill a lot. Also with swimming lessons and summer schedules I also like to plan ahead with some simple dinners.
MEATLESS MONDAY: Roasted Vegetable Risotto
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 cups whole baby carrots cut in lengthwise quarters
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium assorted peppers (yellow, red, green), cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 medium zucchini or yellow squash, cut into diagonal slices
- 1 cup halved fresh medium mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Vegetable Broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray 17×11-inch roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Mix asparagus, carrots, onions, peppers, squash, mushrooms, rosemary and 1/4 cup broth in prepared pan.
- Roast 20 minutes or until done, stirring once. Prepare risotto while the vegetables are roasting.
- Heat oil in saucepot. Add rice. Cook and stir for 2 minutes Add 1/2 cup broth and cook until broth is absorbed. Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until all broth is absorbed before adding more. (Total cooking time: 25 minutes)
- Add vegetables and cheese. Heat through. Serve immediately.
TUESDAY: Greek Grilled Steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried Greek seasoning (such as McCormick)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1 container (7 ounces) 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 Roma tomatoes, about 1 pound total, cut in half from top to bottom
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
1. In a small bowl, blend olive oil, vinegar, mustard, 1 teaspoon of the Greek seasoning and brown sugar. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the mixture. Place the remainder in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the steak and marinate in the refrigerator for one to 4 hours.
2. In a second small bowl, mix together the yogurt and feta; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Heat gas grill to medium-high or coals in charcoal grill to medium hot. Lightly coat grill rack with oil or cooking spray.
4. Brush tomatoes and onion with some of the reserved oil and wine mixture. Place tomatoes on grill, cut-side down along with onion slices. Grill for 3 minutes; turn, brush with remaining oil mixture and grill tomatoes for additional 2 minutes and onions for 3 minutes, until tender. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
5. Remove steak from resealable bag and grill about 2 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer for medium-rare. Remove from grill and allow to stand 2 minutes before thinly slicing.
6. Serve pita slightly warmed and layer with lettuce, yogurt mixture and sliced steak. Accompany with grilled tomatoes and onion.
WEDNESDAY: Chicken Tangine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 pound small potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch coins
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked couscous
1. Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes per side, until browned. Remove to a plate and reserve.
2. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat if onions start to burn. Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, cinnamon, cumin and cayenne. Simmer, covered, on medium heat for 10 minutes. Add zucchini, chickpeas, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and reserved chicken. Simmer, covered, for an additional 12 to 14 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
3. Serve stew over cooked couscous. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt over top before serving.
THURSDAY: Caesar Potato Salad with grilled chicken
Marinate the chicken breasts in your favorite salad dressing for at least 4 hours. When ready throw on the grill and cook till done.
COMBINE all ingredients except steak. Pour 1/4 cup steak sauce mixture over steak in shallow dish; turn steak to coat both sides. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate.
HEAT grill to medium heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
GRILL steak, 17 to 20 min. or until medium doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with remaining steak sauce mixture.
HEAT oven to 450°F. MIX first 4 ingredients in large bowl until well blended. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives or until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix sour cream and milk. Add to flour mixture; stir with fork just until mixture forms soft dough. KNEAD on lightly floured baking sheet 10 times or until smooth. Pat or roll out dough to 12×8-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 (4×2-inch) rectangles with pizza wheel. Place 1 cheese cube about 3/4 inch from edge of 1 short side of each rectangle. Brush edges of dough with water; fold dough over cheese to form 2-inch square. Firmly pinch edges of dough together to seal. Arrange evenly on baking sheet. BAKE 12 to 15 min. or until lightly browned.