Just head on over to the All You magazine subscription site to score a 6 month subscription to All You magazine for just $10 shipped. And I can guarantee that the $10 you spend will pay for itself when you receive your first issue! Check out some of the *HOT* coupons in the October 2011 issue of All You mag…FREE Idahoan AuGratin, Scalloped or Loaded Baked package
$2/1 any K-Y Product exluding trial size (12/31/11)
B1G1 FREE NYC Eye product or New York Minute Nail Polish of equal or lesser value (up to $4.47!)
$1/1 Quaker NEW Chocolate Chip or Honey Bun flavored Instant Oatmeal
$1/1 Colgate Optic White Toothpaste excluding trial
$2/1 Keri product
ON LINE COUPONS Coupons.com
PRICE MATCHING ADS FOR WALMART OR TARGET:
Sprouts- i love their produce! if you want to make an extra stop, it’s often worth it, just shop the exterior, other items are very pricey.
*carrots $.99 one lb bag
Pineapple 2 for $4
Kroger- many of the same sales from last week
Kraft BBQ $.50
CapriSun $1.49 stock up for school events, parties, sporting events
Del Monte canned fruit $.89
7UP 2 liter products $.89
Yoplait go-gurt or 32 oz $1.69
Tyson chicken nuggets $4.49
Hefty zip lock bags $1.49
Lafft taffy, nerds wonka candy $1.49 stock up for halloween
Tom Thumb often seems to be the more expensive of the grocery stores around so I didn’t see any great sales in their ad this week.
This week I am theming with soup. I love soup and usually make a pot or two a week. Here’s a weeks worth of delicious soups.
Monday: Greek Lemon Soup
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 6 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup diced, cooked chicken meat
- 16 slices lemon
- 8 egg yolks
- In a large pot, combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, carrots, onions, celery, soup base, and white pepper. Bring to a boil on high, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the butter and the flour together. Then gradually add it to the soup mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks until light in color. Gradually add some of the hot soup to the egg yolks, stirring constantly. Return the egg mixture to the soup pot and heat through. Add the rice and chicken. Ladle hot soup into bowls and garnish with lemon slices. Serve with pita bread.
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound cremini or button mushrooms, stems trimmed and caps halved
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped (or a medium onion diced)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 3/4 c. dry red wine
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet, toss together steak, mushrooms, shallots/onion, and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer and roast until beef and mushrooms are browned, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a medium pot and add broth and barley. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high, then reduce heat and simmer until barley is soft, about 12 minutes. Add garlic, tomato paste and red wine. Simmer 10 minutes. Serve with crusty cheese bread.WEDNESDAY: Esau’s Soup
1 onion chopped
2 Tbs olive oil
2 carrots sliced
1 head of garlic chopped
1 potato peeled and diced
1 c. red lentils
4 c. chicken or vegetable broth
1 lemon cut in half
1/2 tsp. cumin and red pepper (cayenne) to taste, salt pepper
Heat a large pot and add the onions, wait till you smell them and add the oil. Cook for 5 minutes or till soft. Stir in carrots and half the garlic, and potato. Cook till they get soft. Add the lentils and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 30 minutes. Add the rest of the garlic, and the lemon halves (whole into the soup). Cook 10 more minutes and then using tongs squeeze juice out of the lemons. Use an emersion blender, or regular blender and puree the soup. Add seasonings to your taste.
THURSDAY: Ginger Pumpkin Soup
- 2 can(s) (15-ounce) Pumpkin Puree
- 3 can(s) (14 1/2-ounce) Chicken Broth
- 1 can(s) (11 1/2-ounce) Pear Nectar
- 1/3 cup(s) Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Grated Fresh Ginger Root
- 2 tablespoon(s) Finely Chopped Green Onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds (Optional)
- Chopped Chives (Optional)
- In a 6-quart saucepan, combine pumpkin puree, chicken broth, and pear nectar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
- In a blender or the bowl of a food processor fitted with chopping blade, process 1 cup pumpkin mixture with peanut butter until smooth. Return to saucepan with the remaining pumpkin mixture. Add garlic, ginger root, green onion, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Divide soup among soup plates and garnish with pumpkin seeds and chives, if desired. Serve immediately.
FRIDAY: Chili Mac and Cheddar Soup
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 3/4 pound(s) Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon(s) Hot Mexican Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground Cumin
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Milk
- 1 can(s) (14 1/2-ounce) Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 can(s) (10 3/4-ounce) Condensed Cheddar-Cheese Soup
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Uncooked Elbow Pasta
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Tomato, for garnish
- Tortilla Chips, for garnish
- Minced Jalapeño Chile, for garnish
- Heat oil in a 5-quart soup pot over medium-high heat; add onion and sauté 4 minutes, until translucent. Crumble beef into pot and cook, stirring for 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and broth, then stir in condensed soup until dissolved; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 3 minutes. Stir in pasta; continue to cook, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes or until pasta is fully cooked.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with diced tomato, tortilla chips, and minced chile.